Everyone wants long, lustrous and healthy hair, don’t we? But how do we get it? While surfing through the net, we find innumerable ways that promises us our dream hair. Pictures of smooth and shiny hair fluttering in the air, long and silky looking hair dropping elegantly on the model’s shoulder and so on. We know very clearly that these are just to attract us and lure us to use their products and then we fall into their trap. We do everything as suggested, getting every “professionally recommended” product and even the regular parlor treatment as directed. But what do we get at the end? The same hair like before with a little less cash in the bag. The worst is, now you may just think your hair is irreparable and will forever remain out of place.
But hey, that is not true. Everyone deserves a good hair and so do you. In this write-up, I’m going to list out a few super quick and super easy home remedies that will not only repair your hair damage but also give you that smooth texture that you have desired. Now, you may ask, how is this different from those that I just spoke about? Well, for the starter, I’m not going to promise you the results in a week or so. You have to work to get it. You just don’t have to do it once or twice but regularly and continue doing it to maintain it. Take it as if you are feeding and bathing your hair.
All the remedies that have been listed down are pocket friendly. You don’t have to go hunting for it, it is readily available anywhere.
1. Banana Hair Mask
Ingredients: 2 bananas (For medium length hair), 2 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Peel the bananas
- Wrap it in a thin cloth and squeeze it into a bowl. (Avoid blending or direct mashing as you wouldn’t like chunks of banana getting stuck in your hair)
- Once done, add honey and coconut oil.
- Mix it well and apply it evenly from root to tip. Don’t forget the scalp too.
- Cover your hair and wash it off after 2 hours.
Uses: Bananas are really good for your scalp. If you want to get rid of dandruff, you can definitely go for a Banana Hair Mask. Coconut and honey will moisturize your hair and scalp and works as a great conditioner.
2. Neem Water
Ingredients: Neem leaves and water
- Boil the water along with neem leaves.
- Leave it overnight
- Wash your hair with the water the next day.
Uses: As we all know, neem is a natural healer. It can heal almost everything. Chewing of neem leaves can get rid of any disease and keep you healthy throughout. Neem water will clean your scalp and get rid of any dandruff. Your hair will instantly feel strong and shiny.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Ingredients: Fresh Aloe Vera leaves.
- Peal and collect the fresh Aloe Vera gel from the leaves into a bowl.
- Blend it finely.
- Apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Massage it gently and cover it.
- Wash it off after 2-3 hours.
Uses: Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamin A, C, and E. They work as a natural conditioner and deeply cleans your scalp. It speeds up cell growth and gets rid of dead cells. In case you have dry and frizzy hair, you can also add 2-3 spoons of coconut oil to add moisture to your scalp.
Ingredients: Leftover curd and a good massage
- Take some curd in a bowl.
- Stir it thoroughly to get the right consistency.
- Gently apply it all over your hair and scalp.
- Massage it to get it evenly distributed.
- Wash it after 1-2 hours.
Uses: If you have oily and rough hair, curd is your solution. It will get rid of any extra oil and bring out the shine you have been craving.
5. Healthy Diet
Ingredients: Aloe Vera Juice, Green Vegetables, Curd and milk, Workout or Yoga
- Blend Aloe Vera juice and drink it.
- Have more of green vegetables and less of oily and fried food
- Include milk and curd in your diet.
- Exercise daily in the form of workout or yoga to keep the blood flowing.
Uses: We have fallen prey to junk food that is degrading our health everyday. If you want that lustrous hair, you have to take up this challenge. If you don’t have a healthy diet, nothing that you will do will ever work.
I have personally tried everything that is listed above and have experienced good results. The only thing that I lacked is consistency. Being on the lazy side, I often skip my Hair Care Routine, lest I would have better hair than I have now. So my suggestion, through experience is: Do any of it, at least once a week and you will see the change. You will have that long, lustrous and shiny hair soon. Hair isn’t just a part of our body, but a permanent crown that we wear. No one can deny the fact that a good hair boosts up one’s confidence. Then why don’t we work towards getting that “good hair” too?