THREE MINDS: EMOTIONAL, RESONABLE and WISE MIND
We all know that the mind is the software that runs the body or we can also say that body is our physical instrument for living in the external world and our mind is an internal instrument. Information is represented in mind in the form of thoughts and feelings. A thought comes first or the feelings are originated first, it is the never-ending debate the same as which came first the chicken or the egg. Bit what is sure is that both thoughts and feelings are inter-related. Sometimes thought generates feelings and sometimes feelings generate thoughts. And with the repetition of thoughts and feelings, the beliefs are formed, which in turn makes our attitude. Attitude is how we look at the things, this attitude has a great role in developing our behaviours, so the way we behave is largely dependent on the kind of thoughts and feelings we have.
All of us must have experienced that sometimes we have a strong conflict between our thoughts and our emotions. This is due to the fact that some of us act according to how we feel (emotion dominant) and some of us act as we apply logic (thought dominant). And we become mature we all learn to balance our emotions and logic and finally take decisions with a wise mind. Emotions are E + Motion = Energy in motion, they give momentum to thoughts and reasons to act. So balancing the emotional energy helps in creating excellent results.
What are emotions for?
- Emotions prompt and organize us for action.
- Emotions are like a warning system to inform us that something is happening in our environment, it alerts us to any threat.
- Emotions help in motivating for taking up the challenge.
- Emotions help us in expressing non-verbal and verbal communications.
- Emotions guide us in many ways, like Love can guide us to develop and enhance a relationship, fear can guide us to stay away from danger.
What are thoughts for?
- Giving form or schema to any image /visualization is thought.
- They are ideas, opinions, and perspectives about any situation/experience that gives meaning to our view about self as well as our surroundings.
- When we repeat these thoughts again and again they become strong and it forms our attitude.
- So let’s learn to know the difference between emotional, Reasonable (Logical), and the wise mind.
- DECISIONS ARE MADE FROM HEAD AND LOGICS
- DISCONNECTED FROM OTHERS
- SYSTEMATIC IN APPROACH
- BEST OF BOTH THE MINDS
2. FEELINGS ( SAD, HAPPY, EXCITED, JEALOUS, ANGER, FEAR, SURPRISED)
3. DECISIONS ARE MADE FROM HEART AND MOOD
4. IMPULSIVE CHOICES
5. NOT STABLE
7. EMPATHETIC TOWARDS OTHERS
The reasonable/rational mind is logic-oriented and the emotional mind is feelings oriented and the wise mind is the balanced one the ultimate goal of all humans to achieve success and contentment.
What kind of mind you have? Let us know in the comment section below 😃